Why Electricians Need EV Training
Sales of Electric Vehicles (EV) are growing by 20% every month. As well as a thriving market for new cars, used car sales are also growing.
This means EV charge points at homes and workplaces are in high demand.
As an Electrician, you should be benefitting from the Government grant for installing EV charge points both domestically and commercially. This is known as the ‘OLEV Grant’.
Find out how you can access the OLEV Grant below
How do I get onto the OLEV Register?
1. Firstly, you must be a qualified Electrician with 18th Edition BS 7671.
2. Secondly, you must have the Electric Vehicle Charging 2919 Certificate (which Universal Skills Group deliver nationally).
3. Thirdly, you need to be approved by an EV charge point manufacturer. Universal Skills Group are proud to partner with Rolec, the UK’s leading EV charge point manufacturer.
Once you have all of these requirements, you then apply to OLEV with the relevant documentation. Universal Skills can take the hassle out of this for you, as we offer this as an additional service.
The UK's Leading Charge Point Manufacturer
Universal Skills Group have partnered with the UK's biggest EV Equipment Manufacturer, Rolec.
We combine all the training you need to become OLEV Registered plus becoming approved as a Rolec EV Installer.
Being an approved Rolec EV installer has many benefits:
• Rolec are the only manufacturer to keep wholesalers stocked nationwide so you can use existing accounts.
• Rolec have partnerships with dealer networks to refer installation work.
• Rolec offer support and assistance with marketing.
• Training with Universal Skills gives you an insight into all of Rolec's available products, not just standard charge points.
City & Guilds Electric Vehicle Charging (2919)
Need 18th Edition? Call 0333 323 2327 to book your course.
See for yourself
We are hosting an open day for our Electric Vehicle Charging Courses on 1st June 2019. We have nationwide training available or you are welcome to join us at our centre of excellence in Yorkshire in our purpose built EV charging facility.
Register your interest below to book your spot.